Description – adapted from the book ‘Inner Cultivation Through the Twelve Meridians’ by Chloe Faith Wordsworth:
The Stomach Meridian
In the Chinese Five Element tradition, the Stomach Meridian is the Nurturer who nourishes and cares for ourselves and others, free of attachment to results. A well balanced Stomach Meridian supports us in having our needs met as well as enjoying meeting the needs of others in a balanced way.
The need of the Stomach Meridian is to give – to ourselves first and then to others.
When this meridian is out of balance, we may experience some of the following:
- Being unable to receive caring support and help from others
- Our basic needs are not met
- Being unaware of our needs
- Not communicating our needs
- Being needy or complaining
- Creating drama and getting upset and angry when our needs are not met
- Feeling dissatisfied – what we receive is never enough
- Avoiding giving and sharing with others
- Ignoring the needs of others
- Excessively taking care of others’ needs at the cost of meeting our own
- Exaggerating every small discomfort
- Worry or hypochondria
- Over-focus on ourselves and our lack
- Over-focus on others’ needs and their lack
- Losing our centre of equilibrium
- Overwork that leads to chronic fatigue
- Can’t get going, getting stuck in inertia, lethargy and boredom
- Eating non-nourishing foods
- Eating too little or too much
- Being overweight or underweight
- Feeling easily overwhelmed
- Disconnection from our body, feeling spaced out, disembodied, or fragmented
When this meridian is coherent, we can experience the following:
- Being in touch with our needs, expressing our needs and finding many different ways of getting our needs met
- Enjoying meeting others’ needs
- Being generous and feeling fulfilled giving to others
- Feeling empathy for others and their suffering and pain
- Empowering others to take care of themselves
- Enjoying nurturing ourselves and maintaining good health so we have more to give
- Feeling relaxed in our body, our home, with people, at work, and in our life
- Feeling content, stable, and at peace with ourselves and our life
- Being attuned to our body, our feelings and sensations so we know what we need
- Maintaining a balance in giving and receiving
- Being centred and stable
- Harvesting the riches of all our experiences, no matter how challenging they may have been
Chi – our life energy – circulates through our meridian system throughout the day. Consequently, the highest and lowest energy times for each meridian are twelve hours apart. The Stomach Meridian’s energy peaks between 7am and 9am, and it dips to its lowest point between 7pm and 9pm.
The Stomach Meridian is an Earth Element meridian, which is connected to the season of Late Summer – Harvest time. The Earth Element’s need is for being centred and its virtues are integrity and reciprocity. Integrity and reciprocity are cultivated when our thoughts, words and actions are aligned with the truth of our heart. In this state we are able to integrate nourishment from all sources, be nourished by doing good in the world, and caring about others. The Earth Element is associated with mothering.
Group Resonance Repatterning® session to balance the Stomach Meridian
20th April 2023
To protect participant privacy, this session is conducted by proxy – participants take part on an energetic level only
- Before the session, you will be given the opportunity to share issues you would like to repattern through Google Forms.
- Sophia will collect all the submissions and conduct the session on the date shared above. She will do the Spiral Up option on the group’s behalf to shift the energy and then confirm the shift by rechecking the group’s resonance with each statement.
- The session will be shared with you as soon as possible in the form of a PDF and a private video link.