Description – adapted from the book ‘Inner Cultivation Through the Twelve Meridians’ by Chloe Faith Wordsworth:
The Spleen Meridian
In the Chinese Five Element tradition, the Spleen Meridian distributes nourishment to all parts of the body and mind. A well balanced Spleen Meridian supports us in integrating all sources of nourishment in life so we manifest our potential. Through integrating nutritious food, emotions, learning and ideas, we are motivated to go into positive action.
The need of the Spleen Meridian is to take in and integrate the richness of life through the five senses in order to be motivated to go into action.
When this meridian is out of balance, we may experience some of the following:
- Feeling empty – that no one cares – and feeling abandoned
- Being uncentred
- A state of mental and emotional collapse
- Prolapses of organs, such as uterus, bladder, etc
- Poor balance
- Feeling inert, unmoving
- Lack of motivation
- Lack of physical movement
- Being overweight
- Lack of feeling at home in our body
- Caring for others with a hidden motive or agenda
When this meridian is coherent, we can experience the following:
- Nourishment is distributed to every part of our body and mind as needed
- Our skin, organs and tissues are held up, free of wrinkles, drooping, prolapses, etc
- Feeling motivated to go into action
- Feeling nourished by all our life experiences as we integrate the learning they provide
- Caring for others with sincerity, free of attachment to results
Chi – our life energy – circulates through our meridian system throughout the day. Consequently, the highest and lowest energy times for each meridian are twelve hours apart. The Spleen Meridian’s energy peaks between 9am and 11am, and it dips to its lowest point between 9pm and 11pm.
The Spleen Meridian is an Earth Element meridian, which is connected to the season of Late Summer – Harvest time. The Earth Element’s need is for being centred and its virtues are integrity and reciprocity. Integrity and reciprocity are cultivated when our thoughts, words and actions are aligned with the truth of our heart. In this state we are able to integrate nourishment from all sources, be nourished by doing good in the world, and caring about others. The Earth Element is associated with mothering.
Group Resonance Repatterning® session to balance the Spleen Meridian
20th May 2023
To protect participant privacy, this session is conducted by proxy – participants take part by submitting statements in advance of the session. They participate on an energetic level and by watching the livestream.
- Before the session, you will be given the opportunity to share issues you would like to repattern through Google Forms.
- Sophia will collect all the submissions and conduct the session on the date shared above, which you will have the opportunity to watch live. She will do the Spiral Up option on the group’s behalf to shift the energy and then confirm the shift by rechecking the group’s resonance with each statement.
- The session will be shared with you as soon as possible in the form of a PDF and a private video link.