Description – adapted from the book ‘Inner Cultivation Through the Twelve Meridians’ by Chloe Faith Wordsworth:
The Small Intestine Meridian
In the Chinese Five Element tradition, the Small Intestine Meridian is known as the Sorter whose task is to sort out what is rich for the Heart, from what isn’t. A well balanced Small Intestine Meridian knows what to assimilate and what to reject, and it absorbs what is beneficial for the Heart and the body-mind system.
The need of the Small Intestine Meridian is to be able to listen to the Heart’s truth so we can speak the truth of our Heart and communicate our Heart’s insights.
When this meridian is out of balance, we may experience some of the following:
- Not being able to sort out what to take in or reject, so we end up feeding the Heart and body-mind system with what is not nourishing
- Taking in what is harmful, e.g. eating junk food, habitual negative thoughts, low quality relationships
- Feeling confused and scattered
- Not knowing what is the right action to take, or not being able to act at all
- Inability to listen attentively or speak clearly, misinterpreting what others say, not feeling heard, feeling misunderstood
- Using negative language and being cynical
- Feeling overwhelmed and losing our sense of priorities
- Loss of fun and joy in life
- Feeling that everything is ‘greener on the other side’
- Feeling split – e.g. between thinking and feeling, intuition and intellect, masculine and feminine aspects – and unable to integrate the two sides
When this meridian is coherent, we can experience the following:
- Knowing in any situation what is good for us and what isn’t
- Speaking clearly and listening attentively
- Knowing our truth and communicating it
- Being clear on our priorities
- Having a sense of fun and joy, enjoying challenges and seeing life as an adventure, rather than a list of problems
- Eating nutritious food, using positive language, focusing on positive feelings, creating enriching learning experiences, choosing uplifting books, movies, etc
- Having wise insight
Chi – our life energy – circulates through our meridian system throughout the day. Consequently, the highest and lowest energy times for each meridian are twelve hours apart. The Small Intestine Meridian’s energy peaks between 1pm and 3pm, and it dips to its lowest point between 1am and 3am.
The Small Intestine Meridian is a Fire Element meridian, which is connected to the season of Summer. The Fire Element’s need is for connection and its virtue is truth. Truth is cultivated when we take time to focus within ourselves so we can follow our conscience and the truth of our heart, speak our truth and access our insight and intuition.
Group Resonance Repatterning® session to balance the Small Intestine Meridian
20th July 2022
To protect participant privacy, this session is conducted by proxy – participants take part on an energetic level only
- Before the session, you will be given the opportunity to share issues you would like to repattern through Google Forms.
- Sophia will collect all the submissions and conduct the session on the date shared above. She will do the Spiral Up option on the group’s behalf to shift the energy and then confirm the shift by rechecking the group’s resonance with each statement.
- The session will be shared with you as soon as possible in the form of a PDF and a private video link.