Description – adapted from the book ‘Inner Cultivation Through the Twelve Meridians’ by Chloe Faith Wordsworth:
The Lung Meridian
In the Chinese Five Element tradition, the Lung Meridian receives Chi life energy. A well balanced Lung Meridian allows us to take in the divine/source/love energy that supports us in manifesting our spirit in human form. It supports us in receiving what is of true worth and to be at peace with our life path with its ups and downs, giving and taking, receiving and letting go, life and death.
The need of the Lung Meridian is to feel worthwhile, to be valued, respected, and appreciated, to have a true sense of self-worth and self-respect, and a deep connection to the divine/source/love.
When this meridian is out of balance, we may experience some of the following:
- Life has no meaning
- Feeling uninspired
- Being uninspiring
- Feeling cut off, empty, lonely, isolated, and grief-stricken
- A void-like depression
- Not feeling valued and appreciated by others
- Being overly critical of others, constantly finding fault with them and demeaning them
- Focusing on others’ shortcomings, pointing them out to them, wanting to change others
- Cannot accept compliments or receive acknowledgements
- Appreciation is never enough
- Showing off
- Sharing our successes, but unable to acknowledge our failures
- Feeling inadequate
- Feeling the need to always prove we are the best
- Finding it difficult or impossible to apologise when we make a mistake
- Finding it difficult to hear feedback
- Becoming defensive when others give feedback and negating the point of view of others
- Cutting off a relationship abruptly when we are wounded
- Disconnecting from our feelings and becoming emotionally cold
- Experiencing regrets or longing, living with a sense of loss that we can’t change the past and our future longings won’t materialise
- Obsessively holding onto material things
- Rejecting material things
- Feeling disconnected from our father
- Misrepresenting the value of things and people
- Being brittle, unyielding, cold, piercing
When this meridian is coherent, we can experience the following:
- Feeling connected to spirit
- Being at peace with our destiny
- Seeing through people’s negative behaviours, addictions or problems to the essence of their spirit
- Valuing and respecting ourselves and others
- Using positive, energizing language
- Feeling appreciated and appreciating others
- Valuing and respecting what others share, even if our opinions differ
- Sharing our successes if they are energizing for ourselves and others
- Inspiring others to value themselves and live from high values
- Mental brilliance
- Our life has meaning and purpose
- Accepting both what we receive and what is taken away with peace of mind
Chi – our life energy – circulates through our meridian system throughout the day. Consequently, the highest and lowest energy times for each meridian are twelve hours apart. The Lung Meridian’s energy peaks between 3am and 5am, and it dips to its lowest point between 3pm and 5pm.
The Lung Meridian is a Metal Element meridian, which is connected to the season of Autumn. The Metal Element’s need is for respect and value, and its virtues are righteousness and the upright mind. Righteousness and the upright mind are cultivated when we see every situation as a gift for our higher learning and spiritual development, and we are willing to make sacrifices for the higher purpose of our life. The Metal Element is associated with fathering.
Group Resonance Repatterning® session to balance the Lung Meridian
To protect participant privacy, this session is conducted by proxy – participants take part on an energetic level only
- Before the session, you will be given the opportunity to share issues you would like to repattern through Google Forms.
- Sophia will collect all the submissions and conduct the session on the date shared above. She will do the Spiral Up option on the group’s behalf to shift the energy and then confirm the shift by rechecking the group’s resonance with each statement.
- The session will be shared with you as soon as possible in the form of a PDF and a private video link.