Description – adapted from the book ‘Inner Cultivation Through the Twelve Meridians’ by Chloe Faith Wordsworth:
The Kidney Meridian
In the Chinese Five Element tradition, the Kidney Meridian stores our ancestral Chi – all that we bring to life through our ancestry. It is the storehouse of our energy resources that enable us to manifest our potential in the world and it is associated with our power, resilience, drive, willpower, and resourcefulness.
The need of the Kidney Meridian is to maintain our inherited reserves of vital energy and draw on them as little as possible and only in appropriate amounts for each project, relationship, activity, etc. Using our will appropriately, with wisdom, allows us to move forward with power and perseverance to achieve our life’s purpose.
When this meridian is out of balance, we may experience some of the following:
- Over-exerting ourselves and depleting our energy reserves
- Overwhelming others with our power, hurting or abusing others
- Inability to use our willpower to overcome negative habits, attitudes, or even illness
- Feeling disempowered in our relationships
- Having a weak constitution
- Squandering our energy reserves and being unable to access our instinctual, wise knowing
- Feeling frozen or fearful and unable to bounce back from failures
- Feeling weakened and depleted by challenges and the stresses of life
When this meridian is coherent, we can experience the following:
- Having a strong ancestral energy that provides us with the drive, willpower, concentration, resourcefulness, and cleverness we need
- Conserving our energy and avoiding dissipating our reserves
- Replenishing our reserves of energy, money, health, etc through moderation, regular times of rising, meals, going to bed, healthy eating habits and meditation/mindfulness
- Accurately assessing how much energy to expand on all projects, activities and relationships, and making sure we recharge the energy reserves we have spent
- Using our resources to fulfill our life’s purpose
- Being resilient
- Being strengthened and energized by our challenges
Chi – our life energy – circulates through our meridian system throughout the day. Consequently, the highest and lowest energy times for each meridian are twelve hours apart. The Kidney Meridian’s energy peaks between 5pm and 7pm, and it dips to its lowest point between 5am and 7am.
The Kidney Meridian is a Water Element meridian, which is connected to the season of Winter. The Water Element’s need is for reassurance and maintaining our energy reserves, and its virtue is wisdom. Wisdom allows us to see life calmly, conserve our life energy, stand firm in the face of the unknown and even death, and take right action instinctively.
Group Resonance Repatterning® session to balance the Kidney Meridian
To protect participant privacy, this session is conducted by proxy – participants take part on an energetic level only
- Before the session, you will be given the opportunity to share issues you would like to repattern through Google Forms.
- Sophia will collect all the submissions and conduct the session on the date shared above. She will do the Spiral Up option on the group’s behalf to shift the energy and then confirm the shift by rechecking the group’s resonance with each statement.
- The session will be shared with you as soon as possible in the form of a PDF and a private video link.